Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Karate Kid Demo Weekend



It was a Karate Kid Demo weekend!

The karate school had made arrangements with a local movie theater to do demos throughout this past weekend.    Along with the demo team, Sifu made arrangements for other students - children & adults, to join in.   Our children don't just learn karate with each other, they have also developed friendships.  The adults are also very friendly.  The school really is a place for people to support each other.

Sifu spent just about the entire weekend at the movie theater.  The students & parent supporters were there for more than just the demo.  We hung out for almost the whole day.  In fact, Saturday a bunch of us went for lunch at the Thai/Japanese restaurant next to the theater.

I took almost 400 pictures from Friday night & Saturday.  Can you imagine how many more I'd have taken if I were able to be there Sunday?  (Unfortunately, I woke up sick as a dog Sunday morning.)  I was able to allow Erin to attend because her hero Brittany agreed to watch over her.  That is one teen who I don't want to meet in a lit alley let alone a dark alley!
















Erin & her hero Brittany



 
And how cool is it that a few of our friends were able to pop in!  Thanks Minouche, Delfim & Yasmin! Erin was thrilled to see you guys!

2 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

I am in complete awe of your daughter! She has such an amazing inner and outer strength. She truly is an inspiration to both children and adults alike. I read on FB that she is going to be testing for her brown belt. That is such an awesome accomplishment. I really think I would like to see if Natalie would enjoy martial arts. I thought maybe it would boost her confidence and ability to focus.

Vivian M said...

What great pictures, wish we could have been there in person to cheer Erin on!
You can tell your cutie that she has inspired her g-dsister to start learning karate. Maybe in August Erin can give Kerri a few tips!
Way to go Erin!