Sunday, December 21, 2008
Thursday, December 11, 2008
- General Hospital
- One Life to Live
- Dirty Jobs - have you seen Mike Rowe?
- How Its Made - Erin loves this show
- Mythbusters - a fave of David & Erin
- Deadliest Catch - cool show & Mike Rowe narrates it
- Hannah Montana - hey! I live with a 6 year old. Remember?
8 Things I Look Forward To:
- Going back to work (I hate bed rest.)
- Viv, Corey & Kerri's visit at the end of the month
- Scrapping with my gals
- Craft time with Erin since we never get enough
- Saturday morning snuggles with David & Erin
- Watching Erin's face light up when she unwraps her Chanukah presents
- Going on a date with David & having no guilt
8 Things on My Wish List:
- My dad's health getting better
- Viv's mom regaining her health
- Lori's FIL regaining his health
- A cure for diabetic neuropathy 'cause that one really sucks - just ask my hubby
- Erin growing up healthy & happy
- Having enough money to help where it's really needed
- A change for the better with our economy
- A clean house
8 Things I Did Yesterday
- Therapy for my back
- Dropped Erin off at school
- Chatted with my friends on the phone
- Watched WAY too much tv
- Read blogs
- Helped Erin with her homework
- Sat on the couch
8 Favorite Restaurants:
- Moon Thai & Japanese
- Makino Japanese Buffet
- Longhorn Steak House
- Big Bear Brewery - the BEST French onion soup around!
- Annie's Pizza - yummy pizza & great wings
- Westside Bagels
- La Granja - delicious Peruvian food
- Olive Garden
8 Friends I Tag:
Now I know that a few of you don't normally do the tags, but I enjoy getting to know people, so if you'd like to do it, great. If not, I'll have to stalk you to find out the answers.. Have fun!
Monday, December 08, 2008
Saturday, December 06, 2008
Thursday, November 27, 2008
This is what I am thankful for. My sweet girl. Erin has changed my life so many ways - all good. I have made some wonderful friends because of having this child in my life. I have watched my husband turn into the most amazing father which is a turn-on all on its own. (I know. TMI. You'll all have to deal.)
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
- What is your name: Tammie
- Boy name: Thomas
- 4 letter word: tart
- Girl name: Tina
- Occupation: teacher
- A color: turquoise
- Something you wear: thongs (think flip flops here)
- Beverage: Tab (dating myself, huh?)
- Food: tortellini
- Something found in a bathroom: towels
- A place: Tallahassee, FL
- Reason for being late: tossing & turning all night long
- Something you shout: TURN HERE!!!
Your turn now. Have fun if you choose to do this.
- Grab the nearest book.
- Open it to page 56.
- Find the 5th sentence.
- Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
- Don't dig for your favorite book, the cool book, or the most intellectual - pick the CLOSET.
On Basilisk Station by David Weber
If a hostile task force emerged within energy weapon range of the defenses, those defenses would be destroyed before they could reply, but ships transiting a wormhole junction arrived with a normal-space velocity of barely a few dozen kilometers per second, far too little for a high-speed attackk run. (page 56k sentence 5)
Wednesday, November 05, 2008
Sunday, November 02, 2008
Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do here! I didn't realize it but I have been a bad blogger. I'm keeping this blog for Erin, & yet I have done an amazingly poor job of recording what has been going on this month. Here's my chance for a fresh start.
- Discover Toys
- Cookie Lee Jewelry
- Magnetic Jewelry
- Mary Kay
- The Breakfast Joint
- Wachovia Bank (Do you like my shameless plug!?)
- Bounce Houses
- Pony Rides
- A Cakewalk (You should have seen all the yummy goodies people brought in!)
- Food galore - roasted corn, carmel apples, hot dogs, beverages, etc
I got there at 8:30 to help set up & had a blast. Of course, while my home looks like a bomb went off in it, I love to organize so I was a happy camper! My friends showed up later to man their own stations since Shari had volunteered all of us to work. Hey Shari! How'd you get out of working The Festival? Did you tell them you were on schedule at your office? (Don't worry. We'll get you back.)
The fundraiser was a total success. The PTO raised almost $4,000 at this one event. No one expected that kind of success.
The best part? It was a great day!
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
- I'm territorial. That may not be quirky to you, but trust me that for me it is. I'm left handed & use my mouse on the left side. If you move my mouse to the right side, fine. But put it back where you found it. Don't move or touch my things without the knowledge that you better put it back where you found it. If you don't, you will hear about it from me.
- I almost never take lunch breaks at work. Most people need their 30 minutes (or however long they take). To me a lunch break is a waste of time. I'm in the groove, doing my thing & you expect me to stop so I can eat? Why? Do I look like I'm missing out on food or something? Are you kidding!? The only day I consistently take a lunch break is Fridays.
- I love science fiction tv shows & movies. However, I absolutely cannot read the stuff. It bores me to tears when it's in the written word.
- I yawn. All the time. Even when I'm not tired. I don't mean to do it, & I can't help myself but I yawn. My mother used to say that I came out yawning & not crying.
- I sleep with 2-3 blankets each & every night. At least I start out that way. My hands & feet are always cold so I can't fall asleep without being all bundled up.
- I love to shop. I mean grocery shop. I find it very relaxing. If I could make a living dong people's grocery shopping, I would.
- I love to be driven around. Ever since I was a child, if I was stressed out, my parents would put me in the car & just drive. To this day, David does that for me. Back when we didn't have much, a big night out was dinner at McDonald's & a drive down A1A.
Well, you wondered about my quirks. There you have them! No one ever said that I was normal. Besides, being normal is so humdrum.
And those of you who follow? I want to know about your quirks too!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
- I am married to my first and only love. I met David in 1982 and have been in love with him ever since even though we broke up for a few years before getting back together permanently in 1986.
- I love my jobs. Truly. During the week I work at a bank (how boring!) where I get to help people with whatever their needs. I also act as the office liaison - purchasing for the office, keeping the peace, reminding everyone that if they don't like what they're doing they should find something else 'cause it ain't worth it to be unhappy for 40 - 50 hours a week for years. I really believe that. On Sundays I teach 1st grade at a synagogue. I really love interacting with the children. OTOH, I really hate the politics at both jobs. Gee. That's a surprise.
- I love scrapbooking even though I'm one of the least creative people you'll ever meet. I started about 2 years ago with the encouragement of a very dear friend. I now have tons of scrapbooking supplies but no dining room table.
- Years ago I snored myself awake. Yup. You heard it here. I used to always complain to David that he was keeping me awake with his snoring. One night I woke up & yelled at him to stop snoring when he looked at me in that way that only a man can have & said "Honey, I'm reading. See my book? You snored yourself awake." Oops. He's never going to let me live that one down. (I can't really blame him though.)
- I'm very flexible. Even at my weight. I can stand up straight, bend over & touch my hands to the floor. Flat. Without any problems. It ooks people out. And Erin is even more flexible than I am.
- Like my friend Lori, I absolutely can't make a go of my day without my morning coke. David brings me a can of coke every morning so that I can get out of bed. And when I get to the office, I drop my stuff down & go make the pot of heavily caffeinated coffee so that I can become human. The joke in my office is that if you want Tammie to know something, wait till she's had her first sip of coffee 'cause it won't stick without the coffee. I can drink regular coffee & fall asleep in minutes. I drink so much caffeine that I never have a problem.
- I love to read books. I absolutely love to read romance, mystery, true crime but can't stand reading science fiction or fantasy even though I love to watch it.
There you go. I don't know if it's interesting stuff, but there it is. And now I have to tag 7 other people. Yikes!
- Sandra - Are we ever going to meet in person?
- Shari - I know you're busy right now, but Halloween is almost here so you'll have more time eventually.
- Grace - You may be new to blogging but I love what you have to say.
- Magi - I have loved reading all about your sweet girl. Now it's time to read about you!
- Kim - I can't wait to see what you have to say!
- Candy - Your turn! Now we get to know you!
- Sandy - It's not like you're busy or anything, but if you get a chance, we'd love to know more!
Have fun everyone!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Woo hoo!!! She ate them!! David & I walked away from the dinner table while Erin was still sitting there eating. (She takes forever!) When David turned around, she was eating peas by the forkful, & I mean a real forkful not 1 or 2 peas on the fork.
He looked at her like she'd grown a 2nd head or something & the conversation went like this:
David: Are you eating peas Erin?
Erin: Yes (smiling with huge grin on her face)
David: Since when?
Erin: I don't know.
Me? I'm happy. Now she can't look at me & say "I don't do green!" By George, I think we've made progess. Yay!
Thursday, October 09, 2008
You Are a Panda
You are a very philosophical, introspective creature. You project a calm vibe.
You have amassed a good deal of wisdom in your life. You can teach anyone who is ready and willing to learn.
Solitude is very important to you. You don't truly feel at peace until you are alone.
You enjoy a few friendships but only when those friendships are with fellow loners.
Thursday, October 02, 2008
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Monday, September 29, 2008
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
- Sandra - Just reading your blog & seeing how you guys are doing makes me smile. I look forward to seeing what you & your family are up to. Whenever I see Jazzie, I remember "back in the day" & think of that red thread from Erin to Jazzie. Whenever I see Tahlia, I remember how thrilled I was that we had another red thread going from Erin to Tahlia.
- Lori - I'm so happy that you're blogging everyday although I'd rather your mom's ribs be all better. You have a way with words that just makes me laugh with everything Katie Starr & Ethan are up to. And let's not forget the rest of your family. You guys put a smile on everyone's face.
- Michelle - Girl, my heart goes out to you when it comes to that job of yours. How you keep a straight face when you go in to the office is beyond me. Whenever you post about Luca, I know that it's a great time. When I think of the runs you do, & why you do them, I smile. Why? Because you do it all so selflessly.
- Kim - I miss you terribly my friend. At least Viv stayed on the same continent! I smile whenever I see you've blogged. Why? First, I'm thrilled that you're living your dream. Second, I can just hear you chatting away with me or someone. BTW, I miss searching for beets at the salad bar with you.
- Magi - From the first time I came across your blog, you always managed to make me smile. Now that Sera is home & growing up, I look forward to seeing what she's up to.
Monday, September 22, 2008
- Why did I have to buy over $100 worth of school supplies for Erin? Will she actually use 9 yellow folders, 1 blue folder, 1 1-inch binder, 1 marble composition book, 5 yellow wide-ruled spiral bound notebooks, a pack of 48 crayons, 1 pack of dry erase markers, 1 pack of sharpie markers, 1 pack of copy paper, 1 pack of erasers & all the other crap I had to buy!! Impossible! So far when she's come home with homework, I've wondered why the teacher didn't send home any of the pencils, crayons, notebooks or paper that she will need to complete the assignment. How the heck can a child learn to write properly if you don't give him/her ruled paper!? Why would you assume that after going to 2 different stores & spending over $100 that I have any of those same supplies in my house!? I sent them in to school!!! SO WHERE ARE THE SUPPLIES??? Who is using them?? Certainly not Erin.
- I have Erin enrolled in Hebrew school at the synagogue that we belong to rather than the one at which I have taught for the last 17 years. Why? Because she shouldn't be in my classroom, & the other 1st grade teacher has a tendency to spoil Erin. David went to the Open House for Erin's Sunday school class. On the way home from my own teaching, I called to see how things went. He warned me. He told me I wasn't going to like it. Then he made me wait the entire half hour till I got home to discuss things with me. Why is my daughter using a book that teaches letter recognition that is just plain ole wrong!? How can I say this? Easily. I've taught 1st grade Sunday school since 1989. I know what I'm talking about here. Hebrew letters are NOT the same as English letters. They may make the same sound, but there is no comparison beyond that. Her books teach that there is a comparison. And because, the director of the school knows me, I have to tread lightly. I don't tread lightly well. I kind of do a stampede when I'm in this mood.
- After not being sure of whether or not I should continue teaching on Sundays, I went back. My director & I had a long talk. We came to a point where we both got what we wanted. Cool. Great. Couldn't be happier about it. On top of that, I've got a class this year that I'm so happy with I can't wait to go in & teach. My co-teacher has a habit of walking in while I'm in the middle of a lesson to ask me stuff. You know. Where am I in the lesson? Will I be doing all the work in class or sending some home? If she doesn't come in, she'll send her student aid. I constantly have to remind her that I'm in the middle of a lesson & we can talk after class ends. I have never liked being interrupted. Ask David. He'll tell you that interrupting me can be taking your life in your hands. I consider it the ultimate in rudeness. In this case, I loose my class because now they're distracted. I have to be almost pissy with the other teacher who is a very dear woman.
- On top of all that, I can't sleep. David passed out over 2 hours ago. Erin went in without a fight for the 2nd night in a row about 8:00. And, me? I can't fall asleep for nuthin'!
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Annie's Costumes has been around down here for what seems like forever. A few years ago, they switched to being an online business.
They have an excellant selection of costumes. Their customer service is wonderful. They ship all over. Need I say more?
Oh. Yes. I have to. The owners are very dear friends. They love Erin which is great considering she adores them!
So take a peek at the video. You may see someone you know!
Monday, September 01, 2008
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Today we went to lunch at Big Bear. Nothing was going our way today so we decided to have lunch at one of our fave places. Today rather than have her usual chicken tenders & fries, Erin decided to have their pizza. I knew it wouldn't be right for her since she really enjoys a New York style pizza, & Big Bear's is thin to say the least. She ended up with a bowl of fruit from their brunch menu. Our server was very accomodating & Erin thanked her so sweetly! It would have been nice if Erin ate all the fruit, but since she's not eating without arguing lately, I was happy just to see her enjoy the watermelon, grapes & strawberries.
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Erin with me in her classroom.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
So what do you do when you're on the mend? Why, you do crafts! Erin always has tons of crafts to do. She got so much for her birthday last year & this year, that we don't have to buy her anything. Today she decided to make slap bracelets. After showing her what needed to be done, I got to sit back & relax.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Friday, August 15, 2008
Monday, August 11, 2008
Erin as Dorothy