Sunday, December 30, 2007
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
- When I'm tired.
- In a while.
- I'm not.
- In an hour.
Last night I tried a different approach. After being called into her room for what felt like the millionth time, I changed my answer: "When you go to sleep. After all, if you keep calling me, I can't go to bed." 10 minutes later Erin was snoring lightly in her bed.
David put her to bed about an hour ago. She asked me when I was going to bed right before going in. I told her that she needed to be asleep in order for me to go to bed. We haven't heard a peep from her.
Do you think I stand chance?
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Monday, December 10, 2007
Sunday, December 09, 2007
Cool! Another Leapster game, & it's more princesses!
Saturday, December 08, 2007
Thursday, December 06, 2007
Erin has been asking for a high chair & crib for her baby dolls for ages now. David & I kept telling her that she had enough stuff for her dolls & didn't need more. When we went shopping for Chanukah gifts, she was told that this stuff was for her cousin Riley. When she opened her gifts tonight, the first thing she said was "Hey! You tricked me! This was for Riley!" Needless to say, her smile made the whole trick worth it for us.
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
Not quite awake yet. She wasn't really ready for candle lighting & presents. It didn't take long though!
Scissors!? To open a present!? Huh??
She's awake now & loves tonight's present.
Saturday, December 01, 2007
Harry Potter Personality Quiz by Pirate Monkeys Inc.
I love Harry Potter. I know it was supposed to be a children's series, but it has captured the hearts & minds of adults also. I almost wish that the series hadn't ended, but all good things must come to an end. Of course that's what "they" say. I don't necessarily agree.
So. Who are you?
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Thursday, November 22, 2007
- My beautiful daughter. Each & every night as I kiss her before I go to bed myself, I thank G-d for His wisdom in bringing this child into my life. I tell Erin that she is my light, my soul, my very life.
- My handsome, understanding, witty, sarcastic, non-social husband. I've loved him since I was 19 years old. There are days that I'd like to send him off so that I can be alone, & he gets it. Then there are the days that I can't breath for lack of not having enough time with him. I love this guy with all I've got.
- My ScrapSkank Sisters. Where would I be without you gals!? How many nights have we sat up late scrapping, bitching, complaining about life's lows & laughing over life's highs? With you, I found the creative outlet that my husband has always said was in me. With you, I found women who love me & accept me just the way I am.
- My FCC family. Who understands better than you all the trials, the pain of waiting, the joy of receiving our children, the worries that come along with adoption? Where else can I find people in the same situation - who have children that one day may say "but I don't look like you" or "why couldn't I stay with my birthparents"? Where else can I get such great shopping tips!?
- My father. It's been a long journey Daddy, but I think you finally get me.
- My stepmother Nancy. Who loves my father & his crazy children. Who is a wonderful bubbe to my daughter. Who understands my love/hate affair with teaching. Who over the years has become a dear friend.
- My In-Laws. They are wonderful people. Yes. They're in-laws & that does come with a raw deal all by itself. But I love them fully. To them, I am their daughter not their daughter-in-law. I love watching them with Erin. Such joy should be in everyone's lives.
- Sandra. Your strength gives me strength. You are the definition of a Waiting Heart. You waited to bring home your beautiful girls & be the best mother you possibly could. I've learned from you that it's okay to have down days right along with the good days. I've also learned that I'm not alone in my Starbucks obsession. :-)
- BlogLand. Yes. I'm actually thankful for BlogLand. Where else can I journal my thoughts & meet people who don't judge me for not believing the way they do?
Happy Turkey Day to all!!
Enjoy this special time with your family & friends!!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Sunday, November 11, 2007
Saturday, November 10, 2007
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
One Tired Power Ranger
This year was Erin's first time going out to Trick or Treat. Last year, Erin was sick but didn't want to go out. The previous years, Erin was too scared of all the costumes to even consider it. This year she went out to see what all the fuss has been about. Each time she got to a door, David had to pick her up & hold her, but she did it. When they came home, Erin was so excited about her experience. I asked her how many houses she went to, & she told me "a hundred momma." After going through her goodies & letting her have 2 small treats, she got to answer the door to the children who came knocking. Bedtime came, & she fell fast asleep. Happy Halloween!! Hope everyone had a blast tonight!!
Erin & Jonathan
The Pink & Blue Power Rangers
Thursday, October 25, 2007
Can you say that the end result is worth it? Can you say that your child is just not ready to show him/herself to you yet? Can you say that once your child is in your arms the wait time goes away?
Yes. You can say all that & certainly more. However, the person who is waiting doesn't want to hear any of this. At the moment in time when you're hoping & praying for a referral, you don't want to hear the usual platitudes. You just want to know who your child is & when you can travel to them so you can hold him/her in your arms. You want to put a stop to the questions people are asking. The questions that you have no answer to.
How do I know this?
Easy. (Ha!) David & I started our journey October 15, 2000. Being the person that I am, I knew that I needed no help - from anyone (even our agency SW). Duh! Big mistake. I did all of our paperwork perfectly. Just backwards. And because I did it all backwards, I ended up having to do much of it over again because it expired. Our official DTC (Dossier to China) date was February 28, 2002. Do you see a problem with the dates here? Oh yes. My pride got in the way.
I was lucky enough to have that referral date though. Why? Because I managed to make the most amazing friends. The February Waiting Hearts group had the longest DTC to referral date at that time - 13/14 months depending upon whether you got your referral on March 31st or April 1st. My dear friend Sandra got her referral for Jazzie on march 31st. I opened my email to see Jazzie's face & hear "With Arms Wide Open" by Creed. (Now when I hear that song, I cry in remembrance of that special day.) I also met my dear friend Susan who lives in FL also. Without these 2 special women I wouldn't have made it.
My call came on April 1st a/k/a April Fool's Day. I had been so upset crying for days that we weren't getting our referral. I thought for sure that our agency was waiting to tell us that we had been declined although my brain knew that this wasn't possible. When the call finally came at 2:45 pm I was at work. When Emily told me it was my turn, I screamed at her that her joke was not funny & hung up. Yes. I hung up on my agency. Thank G-d she called back seconds later. As I sat in the bank crying, all of my co-workers & clients came over & sat to wait while I received the information about Chun HuaXu soon to be known as Erin Chelsie. And then I proceeded to call David with the news.
What do you say?
You say that the wait is horrible. You say that the tears are worth it. You say that you will be there for the waiting families to cry with them as they continue to wait.
And you say that you will cry tears of absolute joy when their turn comes.
Monday, October 29th, my dear friends Lori & Marc will celebrate as their son Ethan joins their family in China. Here in the United States, I will wait to see their email & then cry. Tears of joy.
And I will cry when I hear of more families being united with their children. Because that is what we do.
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Trick or Treat!
Shari & Myke of Extreme Halloween
Erin got her Pink Power Ranger costume at their amazing store.
Thanks for putting a smile on my girl's face guys!