Saturday, May 31, 2008
Monday, May 26, 2008
We LOVE popcorn here! It's really quite an addiction for us!
My BlogLand friend Magi & her hubby Jim also love popcorn. I have a feeling that their daughter Sera will be enjoying the stuff soon also. Erin can't live without the stuff. It's why movies were created after all!
When I was a child, my dad took this funky silver thing out of our pantry & told me that I was in for a treat. He put that thing on the stove & so began my lifelong love affair with popcorn. Yup! You guessed it by the way. It was Jiffy Pop popcorn. Put it on the stove, shake it up a few times & the most wonderful aroma hits you like nothing else.
Every Friday night we have movie night in our house. Erin gets to choose which movie we're going to watch. Usually it's a Harry Potter movie or Lord of the Rings. Then we move on to popcorn. David takes down our corn popper & pours in the Orville Redenbacher. Erin gets so excited watching it pop. As soon as it's done popping, she starts to demand her butter spray. And then she carries over the huge bowl of popcorn to demolish it on her own. It always amazes David & me how she can eat so little when it comes to food, but when it comes to popcorn, she is just barely willing to let you sit next to her.
While David & Erin love their popcorn loaded with butter & salt, I don't. I prefer the kettle corn flavor or even plain with some garlic powder or parmesan sprinkled on it. How do you like yours!?
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Sunday, May 18, 2008
- A July party should NEVER be outside - especially when you live in S FL. Just ask Erin & of course anyone who came to her party last year. David went home & brought all of our fans from home to try & cool us down. It didn't work so we all "glistened" throughout the day. I didn't want a park party, but Erin had her heart set on a bounce party, & my friend Lisa wanted Erin to have her party with her favorite bounce. Besides, how do you say "no" to your only child will turn 5 only once in her lifetime. (I said "no" this year.)
- Erin & I are traveling to Texas for her Travel Group reunion & then on to California for a visit with Bubbie & Zaydie. Don't you think a 2 week vacation is enough of a birthday present? I do. Apparently David disagrees since he asked her what kind of party she wanted. ARGH!!
- All the neat places to hold parties are NOT in the county we live in. I can't justify having her party in Miami because, while I love him, my brother & his family would be the only guests who live there so everyone else would be totally inconvenienced. (I have some dear friends who don't cross county lines.)
- My good friend Michelle told me last week "Oh! I booked Lauren's party for the weekend of the girls' birthdays. It's at YCA." Great. Now I'm stuck because this is a really cool place, but you can't have 2 parties in the place for the same weekend with the same guests. Another ARGH!!!
- Erin loves to run & jump & bounce. We went to a great place for a party last weekend. She wouldn't jump into the foam pit because the poor girl didn't believe there was no water under the foam pieces. (It ripped my heart to see her standing by the foam pit looking as if she wanted to jump in. She literally couldn't the fear is still so strong.)
And now I don't have a clue about what to do! She would like a bowling party but I'll tell you right now, the children just run around & don't bowl. She would like a ceramics party, but how do you keep 30 kids aged 1-11 sitting & painting for 1 1/2 hours?
UGH!! I hate party planning.
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
Sunday, May 11, 2008
- I will send a gift of my choosing to the first three (3) people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join the Pay it Forward exchange.
- You must make the same commitment on your own blog.
So if you want a goodie, please leave me a comment. I'll need your snail mail address so that I can get your gift out. We can take care of that offlist.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
Saturday, May 03, 2008
Erin has a very extensive library of books. When I had my baby shower, the girl who gave it for me asked everyone to bring a book so Erin could have a library. Jenn knew that both David & I are avid readers & wanted to intill a love of the written word in Erin as young as possible. Before Erin's first birthday, she had about 50 books. Unfortunately, she never liked to have either David or me read to her. She preferred to "read" her books herself. This usually meant that she would look at the pictures, tell us a story that she saw & turned the pages.
Friday, May 02, 2008
Thursday, May 01, 2008
David went to pick Erin up from school this afternoon. He went out on to the school's playground where she usually is by the time he gets there. No sooner than he walks out the door than he hears the teacher on duty tell the children not to hang off the side of the tall slide. Yup. That was our sweet girl who was hanging around with her feet mere inches from the teacher's face. (What was the teacher doing just hanging around right there when she knew that was what the children were doing?) When Erin saw David, she got down & went over to him. Because she had shown disrespect to the teacher, David made her go back & apologize to the her. And that's when her "mood" began.
It didn't get any better by the time I got home either. We were treated to an evening filled with love & whining. Oh yea. That's just what I wanted tonight. Uh huh. Give me more.
Either way, her whining was sufficient enough that she was told to get into jammies earlier than usual. She chose to not eat dinner. Why? Well, you see, the eggplant parmigan that she tried last night & couldn't get enough of is GREEN, and we all know that Erin doesn't do green. And here I was thrilled that I had finally gotten my child to eat a vegetable! How did this happen? David prepared dinner as usual & put her serving on her plate. Ah ha! He had cut her eggplant parmigan up into bite-sized pieces. When she ate it last night, I was giving it to her off of my plate, & she never saw the color. Oh well.