Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Momma guess what. . .

Each morning Erin & I have a conversation on the way to school. Sometimes she just wants to point things out. Other times, it's things she's noticed & has questions about. Today's conversation was a hoot!

Erin: "Momma guess what I saw last week on the Cartoon Network?" (BTW, last week usually means yesterday.)

Me: "What did you see Punkie?"

Erin: "I saw a ram with a shofar on it's head!"

For those of you who aren't Jewish, we are now celebrating The High Holy Days & Rosh Hashanah has just passed. A shofar is actually the horn of a ram & is used during the holy days as a part of our services. I lead junior congregation for the Kindergarten at the school where I teach & Erin is now a student. Last week during services, we discussed what a shofar is & what it means to the Jewish people. I guess something made Erin sit up & take notice.

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Too cute...she definately is paying attention!