Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mama Can I . . .


. . . please take a shower!?


Are you picturing me falling down in utter shock? You should. Something seems to have clicked for Erin in the last 2 weeks. This child who looks at a bathtub with fear in her eyes & screams when it comes to putting her head in the water, has become a shower loving person.


Last week, Erin asked me if she could take a shower. I thought about it & said sure. After all, she'd never asked for any contact with water before so why not give it a try. I turned the water on, & she walked into the shower like nothing had ever happened before. My little girl sang to herself & danced all around the shower while scrubbing herself. She shampooed & conditioned her hair with no assistance, turned the water off, got out & toweled off on her own.


Erin has been asking to take showers every day twice a day now. Does that mean her terror of water is over? Or is it only with showers? Who knows? Who cares? My little girl is happy. Yay!

9 comments:

Sandra said...

Yeah for Erin!!!!

C's Mom said...

Woohoo...I hope the showers keep comin' at your house. Good for her....keep us posted on how the next tub experience goes. I'm curious.

Unknown said...

That's awesome. Go, Erin!

Lisa said...

Woo Hoo! Way to go, Erin!

Vivian M said...

YAY!!! She is about three years ahead of me, I did not start until I was 7!
Way to go Erin!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Awesome news Tammie!! Big Whooohoooo for Erin!

Michelle said...

that is too cute.

Good job Erin....lucky Momma

dawn said...

That's wonderful. Has she had a bath since or is she just loving the shower too much? I can't wait to hear the updates.

RamblingMother said...

Glenys is a shower loving person too.

Beverly