Saturday, April 25, 2009

Finally!! Notification of Citizenship Application



When David & I traveled to China in 2003, we brought home one amazing little baby. Erin became a citizen the minute we stepped onto US land. That was a law. It went into effect not too long before we received her referral.
Too bad, the US government agencies didn't acknowledge their own law! It was a fight when I called & asked why we received a green card for Erin in the mail. It was a fight when I applied for Erin's social security number. It was a fight when I tried to get her covered for health & life insurance. It was even a fight when I opened her bank accounts. Sheesh! What the heck use is a law if no one will recognize it!?
After a while, I got tired of the fight & let it go. In July 2007, David & I filled out the paperwork to have Erin officially recognized as an American citizen.
Yesterday, the notice came in the mail. On Tuesday, May 12, 2009 David & I will take Erin down to have her sworn in as an American citizen!!

8 comments:

Gretchen said...

Isn't that some serious government craziness?!? Good for you and congrats to Erin! (We've not done that because the thought of forking MORE money to the government to PROVE something that is LAW frustrates me to no end.)

dawn said...

I think that is a fine example of government at it's finest!
When they sent Lily's greencard they had messed her name up royally and they wanted me to pay for the mistake...I think not!
Congratulations Erin.

Lisa said...

Oh that is AWESOME!!!

Evelyn said...

Wow. I'm glad you got the situation fixed. Seems like someone dropped the ball upon your reentry. Sorry to hear that, but happy it's now resolved. CONGRATS!

Candy said...

Congratulations! Why did it take so long?

We5Chois said...

Hey Tammie,
I am so happy to hear that this particular crazy journey is almost over. Congratulations to you and Erin for never giving up. As frustrating as it was to get here, I think it will make the day all the more special now Erin is old enough to understand and be able to swear allegiance herself.
Hugs, Kim

C's Mom said...

Holy smokes...thank goodness!

Super Mommy said...

Glad you finally got it!