Today was the day we have been waiting for! At 8:00 a.m. this morning, May 12, 2009 Erin had to appear at the local field office of the US Dept of Immigration. She was finally being sworn in as an American citizen!
- The field officer welcomed all of the people as they were becoming citizens.
- Everyone rose to sing The Star Spangled Banner.
- The field officer announced how many people were being granted citizenship & which country they came from. (China had 3 people.)
- Everyone rose to say the Pledge of Allegiance. This was lead by one of the new citizens. He lead everyone beautifully.
- The field officer then called each person by name to come & get their Certificate of Citizenship & have their picture taken. Erin turned her head into David's shoulder at that point & refused to look up.
When we were done, it was picture time! David snapped a few pics inside - even got one of me!