Monday, October 23, 2006

Halloween's Coming!

Well, it's been a while since I've posted, but it's not because I haven't had anything to say. In fact, there's so much on my mind that I can't seem to settle down.

Erin has been doing really well lately. With Halloween coming up in the next week, we've been dealing with her utter fear of anything large &/or scary. She loves the idea of dressing up & decorating pumpkins & the house but is terrified of things like witches, ghosts, goblins, monsters, witches, etc. For someone like me who loves Halloween, this is pretty hard. I have an amazing Halloween village at work & things for the outside of our house that I can't put up. In fact, just this evening, David told me he was surprised that I haven't bought any of the inflatibles that are out for sale. Now how do I go out & buy myself that huge "snow globe" with bats & goblins without terrifying my child? You know, the child who loves to be hung upside down or go twirling around & around.

My friend Debbie is having a Halloween party this coming Saturday for a few of the children that we know. Erin is getting dressed up as a red witch. I just can't get over how cute she looks in her costume. Debbie's going all out for this party - bobbing for apples, goodies, costumes, decorations, etc. I'm bringing a craft for the children to do that night also. I think I'm more excited than Erin is!

Hopefully my computer & my camera will stop arguing so I can post some pictures from that night!

No comments: