Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Back to WW & Hoping I Can Do It

Well, I'm committing to weight loss AGAIN. I went on WW back before we adopted Erin, & I lost about 30 pounds. Much of that weight came back as we tried to get Erin to eat real food. Now she's home 3 1/2 years, & I'm tired of being fat. I'm not expecting miracles - just an awful lot of hard work. I hate to exercise, have no metabolism to speak of & like food.

I went back on WW since I was pretty successful last time. This time David is trying to do it with me. It's the end of day 1, & I already want to hurt him. He gets 44 points a day. I get 29 points a day. He's trying to convince me he's not hungry, but I know my man. You can't be married 18 years to someone who is a nighttime nosher & believe that he's not dying to munch on his arm. I'm glad he's trying WW since his meds make weight loss so hard.

I'm also hoping that Erin will see us eating better & maybe be tempted to try a vegetable. That girl will eat nothing that is green! Not even grapes. Although my friend Debbie tells me that when she watches Erin at her house, her son Jonathon can get Erin to eat salad! I tried that logic last night when I offered her a veggie. She looked at me after I offered her some veggies & said "NO." ARGH!!!!

1 comment:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

I am here to support you in any way that I can. I don't know if I ever told you but 10 years ago I lost 75 lbs. I have flucuated up and down 20 lbs since then so I totally understand this challange.

You go girl; you can do it!!