Saturday, January 13, 2007

What a day!!

What a day!! I don't even want a redo. I just want to go on to Sunday!!

Erin was just an absolute sweetheart this morning. Even though she was up early as always, she chose not to wake either David or myself up. She did get into our bed & play with her cards but was so quiet I didn't notice her until I turned over. She even let me go back to sleep until 8:00!! When I got out of bed, she was in her room playing nicely. Then she told me that I was proud of her for not waking us up.

We left the house around 9:45 to go for breakfast. Too bad I had to go with a migraine. After breakfast we went to buy Erin some new sneakers & sandals. Have you ever been shocked to find out you were totally wrong about the size you had your child wearing? Erin has been wearing size 8 - 8.5 shoes for a while now. It turns out that she is now a size 9. She never told us her feet were uncomfortable & was willing to put on the same size shoes. I'm so glad I remembered the shoe sizer in the store. Too bad we walked out with so few pairs - 2 pair of sneakers & a pair of sandals. Don't worry though! Imelda Jr will be back at Payless on Monday when they get their new shipment in. David is already thanking the stars above that he doesn't have to go shoe shopping.

When we got home, David went to pick up our lawn mower from Sears. I gave Erin her bath so we could go visit my brother & his new baby daughter. Amanda was born January 10th, & Erin is so excited that she actually got into a bath willingly. During bathtime, Erin & I kept hearing strange noises coming from all of the drains in the house. I opened the shower door to find water bubbling up. Too wierd for me so I told David to deal with it when he got home.

By 12:00 we had the City come out to verify there was no problem with the line in the streets. Nope. The problem is in our water line. (BTW, at this point my migraine is hammering away at me, & the meds weren't helping.) We called a local plumber to come out. He got to our house at 7:00 pm!! Yup. Tree roots are invading. He fixed the problem for us - $400 later.

Now it's 10:00 pm, the lines are drained & I still have that darn migraine. However, I am determined to go meet my new niece tomorrow! My brother sent pics, & she's really cute.

No comments: