Friday, July 06, 2007

Happy 4th of July to you!




How did you celebrate the 4th? We took an early morning excursion to Erin's favorite place - Butterfly World. This time we each had our own cameras with us for pics. We woke up early (as usual) & looked to see what the weather was going to be like. After all, in sunny S FL this is our rainy season, & we've been having quite a bit of rain each day. We really lucked out because there wasn't a drop of rain in the sky in the early part of the day. On the other hand, it was steaming hot down here. Nevertheless, we enjoyed ourselves!
Erin loves to see butterflies so off we went! This time I can honestly say I saw some butterflies that were just gorgeous. The colors were amazing - bright lime green, beautiful sky blue, pearly white, monarchs! David got some amazing shots with his new toy. I never knew he was such a good photographer before which is saying a lot since this summer we'll be celebrating 19 years of marriage! Of course he'll tell you that it's because he always wants me to have a camera I can use easily. What a man!
After spending the morning walking around Butterfly World, we did a bit of shopping so Erin could have a blue shirt for camp the next day. Who knew my daughter didn't have a blue shirt!? Well, she does now along with a ton of other shirts. Her closet is overflowing & yet not a blue shirt in sight till that little expedition.
Once the shopping was done, we headed home for lunch & a nap. When I woke up, it was thundering so hard that my bed was moving! Honestly!
David made dinner - our usual July 4th BBQ of dogs & beans. Yum! We really do love the simple foods. Besides, we knew Erin would eat a hot dog. It's the only red meat she puts in her body. After dinner, we went into our backyard to set off fireworks. This was the first year that Erin wanted to have anything to do with them. Thanks to my friend Lisa's son Joey, Erin has gotten to appreciate them. Of course that doesn't mean that Erin didn't have a hard time but at least she watched them for a while. When we were done with ours, we went up front to enjoy our neighbors' show.
All in all, it was a great day!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I have heard of Butterfly World...it is one of those places I really want to go. I love butterflies.

Sounds like you had a great 4th!

C's Mom said...

Butterfly World sounds like a place I would love as well. I'm glad you had a good day :0)

Erin's pics are adorable. I so look forward to the day I share pics of my girl on the 4th!

Unknown said...

Butterfly World does sound fun. I especially love the bottom picture of Erin.

Vivian M said...

Happy 4th to you too! To think I lived so close and never went...maybe we can all go together whenever we get a chance to visit? I am so proud of Erin for having the courage to "deal" with the fireworks and loud noises they make! She really is growing up so fast!

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Sounds like you guys had a wonderful fourth - family, fun, food and fireworks - awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Butterfly World sounds like a great place. I am sure Jazzie woud love it!

Lisa said...

One of these days, we'll have to take a group visit to BW. I still have not been, but know it's just beautiful. Soooo glad that Erin is able to enjoy fireworks in her own way! Don't worry.... there'll be PLENTY more now - who needs a reason for fireworks? lol