Monday, November 23, 2009

It's Just a Camera

So why can't I decide which one I want? 

I'm getting a new camera for Chanukah.  It's time.  I'm looking for more out of my pictures than I've been getting lately, & my camera isn't up to the task.  David just wants me to choose one.  The problem?  He's a Nikon guy for as long as I know him.

I've been a Canon girl for as long as I've been in the digital world.  Trust me, it isn't that long.  When I got my first Canon, it was what we could afford.  Barely.  I loved my Canon.  It's just that now the Canon I think I want is really expensive & may be more than I'm ready for.


Canon EOS - The Rebel


 But this is a very expensive camera, & I don't have it in me to spend that kind of money on myself.  That said, we found this little beauty with the help of Viv's niece Jessica.


The Canon SX20 IS

But then, there's the Nikon that is not quite as expensive as the Rebel & has features I'm interested in.


The Nikon D60


So.  What's a girl to do?

5 comments:

Love Letters To China said...

My hubby spent very long nights researching camera when he was going to buy mine. I can ask him which one he thinks would be a good starter DSLR for you if you'd like. Which ever one you choose, you are going to have a ball playing around with it.

Vivian M said...

Make sure you take lessons so you get the most out of your new camera if it has manual settings!

Brownie Troop 157 said...

Flip a coin?

Please keep us updated on what you decide. Never know when a girl might need a new camera.

Super Mommy said...

Good for you! You are lucky to have such a dilemma!! I too am a Canon girl and would buy my Rebel again!!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Gretchen said...

Ohhh....can't wait to see what you go with! I'm a Rebel fan myself but wish I had time to explore all the features. Yeah for you!