I am sick & tired of feeling the way I do. I have had a weight problem for most of my life.
When we were paperchasing for Erin, I started WW. I was very successful & lost about 30 lbs. While that isn't near what I needed to lose, I felt healthy & was also learning how to become a mommy to a 10 month old. I looked at life & decided what my priorities were. Mommyhood needed to come first. It took me a long time to put the weight back on - almost as long as Erin has been with us. Not bad considering that most people put back lost weight within a year or so.
I've finally decided that I need to take the bull by the horns. What changed? Well, let's see:
- My health is starting to suffer. I'm having a hard time walking without my asthma kicking in &/or my back going out.
- Erin is in need of a better nutrition role model.
- I hate the way my arms feel with all the extra flab. Gosh! I despise that word but that is exactly what I have. :-)
- It's been years since I have been able to wear a button down shirt. I stopped even trying to find them. How pathetic is that!?
- Bras. Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a bra in my size!? Nope. Didn't think so. (I know. TMI.)
I now have some major inspiration on my side.
- I want Erin to see a healthier way to eat.
- I want Erin to see a healthier me.
- My friend Sandra. She has lost a lot of weight, changed her attitude about life. In fact, Sandra now runs marathons! I am so proud of her.
- Unfortunately, I also need to be able to take care of David. Although he is trying to keep a positive attitude, we both know his health is not great. I need to be able to help him & can't do that if I feel this way.
It's been a week & a half since I started WW. My first weigh in I found that I'd lost 4 pounds. Not bad! Then I admitted to myself that I know the first few weeks are about losing water. I've made some changes - no more than 1 can of coke a day & drinking plenty of water. I noticed this past week that most days I'm not even indulging in my coc@ co!a addiction. Not bad! I'm still drinking coffee with regular creamer but limiting how much I use.
I weigh myself every morning. David says I'm going to let myself down. I believe quite the opposite. Weighing myself each morning lets me know if the previous day's food was good for me or not. For example, we eat a lot of Chinese food. I have to watch which foods or I can gain up to 2 pounds. Sushi on the other is something I can enjoy with no problem. I had wings for lunch on Friday. Not worth it! Grilled turkey sausage links? Very yummy. Great treat.
This morning I ate apple slices. Most fruit & most veggies are freebies. I ate the equivalent of 5 apples. Mindless eating. Lesson learned? When I buy prepackaged fruit &/or veggies, I need to portion them out so I eat only 1 portion at a time.