Sunday, December 31, 2006

2006 Leaves Us

As 2006 leaves us, I'm sitting here thinking of the past year & wondering about the changes 2007 will bring.

In 2006 many of my FCC friends have been united with their own little blessings. I have been overjoyed to see new children come home & change the lives of their Forever Families. In 2007, I hope to see more families united. There is nothing quite as special as holding our children the first time & introducing them to family & friends.

In 2006, I picked up some new hobbies - blogging & scrapbooking. While I am by no means anywhere close to an expert in either hobby, I'm having a total blast. I don't get a chance to really scrap at home, but when I do, it's nice that Erin likes to sit with me & make her own creations. Her teachers warned me that Erin likes craft time at school, & it's the same at home.

David & I have decided to finally do something about our long-term love of trains. In 2007, we are building an N-scale train layout. As usual, David is doing the technical & manual labor. I'm going to have a blast picking out all of the buildings for the layout. Erin is even into this hobby with her own train setup.

I don't believe in making resolutions. As a teenager & young adult I always made resolutions for the following year. The adult in me finally realized that each time I made a resolution, I was disappointed when I didn't follow through on the commitment. Now I just think about the things I would like to accomplish but don't get crazy when things don't go the way I had planned.

So. Out with 2006 & in with 2007. Bring it on! I can handle it.

Wishing you all a very happy & healthy 2007!

3 comments:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Tammy: We wish you, David and Erin all the best that life has to offer in the coming year and beyond. I am happy to call you friend.

Angel said...

Happy New Year Tammie!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, you guys! I hope 2007 will bring you nothing but positive things. I am with you on the resolutions!!!!