Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Hantelech, Feeselech & Tuches

Yesterday I had to work late so David picked Erin up from our friend Debbie's house. When I called to tell him that I was on my way home, David couldn't wait to give me some important, earth shattering news. One of the hardest things to teach a young child who is learning Hebrew is the "ch" sound. It doesn't sound like the"ch" in Christmas or the "ch" in chunky. It's a gutteral sound that many people have trouble making.

When Erin was getting into David's truck, she showed him her hands & said "Daddy, these are my hantelech (little hands in Yiddish). David then taught her to say feeselech (little feet). She pronounced both words perfectly. Then she pointed & showed David her "tuches."

Go ahead & laugh, but these are the little things in life that we all smile with pride about. Besides, how could you not laugh? I did!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo, Way to go Erin!! She's better than I!

Lisa

Anonymous said...

You need to get that on video so that we can hear it, Tammie. Go Erin!