Back at the end of June I joined WW. Again. I was tired of always feeling tired & being uncomfortable breathing. So far, so good. I've managed to lose 16/17 lbs. It isn't much, but I'm doing this slowly on purpose. Whenever I lose weight quickly, I end up going back to my old habits.
It's now been 2.5 months & I like the changes in me. I'm looking forward to more changes. Some of what I'm seeing is:
- I eat breakfast now - something I never used to do. My new fave breakfast? Something I call Sandra's Yummy Yogurt. I am hoping she shares more recipes!
- I'm limiting my soda intake. Down to 1 per day. Face it - a 12 oz can is 4 points & for now it's okay to use them on a soda. By the end of October, I hope to limit drinking so much Coke & switch to seltzer. (I have to have my fizz.)
- My body talks to me, & I've started to listen. When it tells me that enough is enough, I listen rather than forcing myself to finish something just because it tastes good.
- I don't clean my plate anymore. It's okay. I don't have to. I've told Erin that she doesn't have to clean her plate so why do I have to? I don't. That is SO liberating.
- When I do eat out, I'm more careful with my choices. I also started to ask for a box immediately so I can pack up half my meal. I'm finding that I still manage to leave some on my plate. Again. Very liberating.
What has happened as a result of just these few things?
- My clothing fits better & in fact some is already too big.
- Erin sees me eating healthier which means better choices for her also. (For example, when I asked her to try some different veggies this past week she did. She didn't like them, but the point is that she actually tried them.
- I'm starting to feel better bit by bit.
I'm not expecting to, nor do I want to, ever go back to what I weighed in high school. I just want to be healthier. I'd say that's a pretty good goal for me.