Saturday, September 30, 2006

Baking Honey Cake!


Yummy!!! The week before Rosh HaShanah I had an amazing opportunity to join Erin's pre-K class for a morning of baking honey cake. Of course, as most people know, honey cake is pretty, well, gross. On the other hand, when I told Erin that I'd be coming in to her class to help bake honey cake, she just lit up.
That morning I asked Erin if she wanted to wear her baking dress to school since we would be baking. She said yes so I put it on & realized that we won't have too many more opportunities for her to wear it while we bake. She's actually grown into it!
I was there with 2 other mothers & we had a nice time watching the children & helping with the baking. My girl had the biggest smile on her face the entire time we were baking. After we finished & I left work, I have to admit that I had a pretty big grin on my face myself.
That night Erin joined us in eating her yummy honey cake for dessert after dinner. I will never again look at honey cake the same way. She was so proud of herself! (Of course I was pretty proud of her myself.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's sweet! What is a honey cake??