Wednesday, February 07, 2007


Erin has been home sick this week running really odd fevers. She's running anywhere from 99.8 - 100 during the day & will be pretty cool to the touch. Around 2:00a.m., she spikes all the way up to almost 102!
David stayed home with her Monday & Tuesday while I took over today & for tomorrow also. Erin loves going to school & knows that if she has to stay home, there is no going outside to ride her scooter or her bicycle. However, she knows that time with Daddy means watching "rubber monsters" on tv. Being such SciFi fans, David & I found a way to have Erin watch the shows & movies (within reason of course) that we both enjoy. She is totally transfixed when we put on Babylon 5 or Harry Potter or even any of the Lord of the Rings movies! Staying home with Mommy, on the other hand, means playing with play doh & coloring. And then there's the food. Since Erin's such a horrible eater, David & I tend to relax the rules when she's sick just to get her to eat. This week Erin has even been hungry enough to eat!
I'm hoping that tonight her fever doesn't spike too much if at all. The dr told us that this bout of funky fevers with no other symptoms is going around. Supposedly it ends in 72 hours. I'd like for that to happen. My poor girl is usually pretty happy & content to amuse herself. When she's sick, I can't even go potty without her crying for me. I hate seeing her so miserable.

2 comments:

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

I hope Erin feels better soon. Katie Starr sends her freind big {{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}

Anonymous said...

Tammie, the doctor is right. Both Jazzie and Tahlia had the fever thing (104!) and it lasted about 3 days. Hang in there!