Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The Quake That Touched Too Many

When you first came to my blog, you knew that it was all about my life with my beautiful daughter Erin. She is the light of my life. I can not possibly thank G-d enough for the gift of her. Each night before I go to sleep, I whisper to her that I am so happy we adopted each other. Then I give a whisper of thanks to G-d to let Him know how I appreciate His faith in me with this gift of Erin.
China has suffered. If you watch tv, read the news, listen to what people are talking about, you know that there has been a terrible earthquake with many aftershocks. You can't avoid knowing about it unless you are the type to keep your head in the sand.
As the people of China suffer, so do we. Our hearts cry for the people whose lives have been altered. These are the same people who watched over my daughter for the first 10 months of her life. There are so many people that I know because of Erin & China adoption - friends who aren't friends but rather extended family, children that I have waited to see come home to their forever families. Yet I will also always think about the people who watched over Erin & these other children.
And I know that I can't just sit back & do nothing. If you are so inclined, please stop by Half the Sky to see how you can help. They have set up an Earthquake Fund to get assistance to China's people.

1 comment:

C's Mom said...

Already on it...thanks for getting the word out to even more who can help.