Sunday, November 02, 2008

Fall Festival (October 18th)










Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do here! I didn't realize it but I have been a bad blogger. I'm keeping this blog for Erin, & yet I have done an amazingly poor job of recording what has been going on this month. Here's my chance for a fresh start.
Erin goes to a wonderful charter school that is really close to our house. In fact, I found out Friday night that many of the people we know from her school live in our community! On Saturday, October 18th, her school had their Fall Festival. Local businesses set up tables so the people attending could stop by & get to know the business or buy stuff. I was there representing the bank I work for along 4 of my co-workers. There were so many things to do that I was really surprised.
Hmmm . . .
  • Discover Toys
  • Cookie Lee Jewelry
  • Magnetic Jewelry
  • Mary Kay
  • The Breakfast Joint
  • Wachovia Bank (Do you like my shameless plug!?)
  • Bounce Houses
  • Pony Rides
  • A Cakewalk (You should have seen all the yummy goodies people brought in!)
  • Tupperware
  • Food galore - roasted corn, carmel apples, hot dogs, beverages, etc

I got there at 8:30 to help set up & had a blast. Of course, while my home looks like a bomb went off in it, I love to organize so I was a happy camper! My friends showed up later to man their own stations since Shari had volunteered all of us to work. Hey Shari! How'd you get out of working The Festival? Did you tell them you were on schedule at your office? (Don't worry. We'll get you back.)

The fundraiser was a total success. The PTO raised almost $4,000 at this one event. No one expected that kind of success.

The best part? It was a great day!

1 comment:

Vivian M said...

Wow, I am sorry I missed it!