Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Introducing "Troi"


On Monday Erin went into work with David since he only had a half day. After work they went over to a cat adoption place by his office. We'd all been miserable since losing Kira on Saturday. Both sides of our family aren't known for doing well without pets to complete our families so it was no surprise that we needed to start healing ASAP. They took pictures of a number of cats so I could make a choice since the cat would be mine. (BTW, the husband, the child, the dog, the cat, the fish - they're all mine. They just don't admit to it.) Looking at the pics of all the cats & kittens, I was totally drawn to this one kitten that reminded me of Kira. Her markings are very similar except that Kira was orange where this one is black. Her ears & eyes are huge too. I told David that I wanted to see this kitten so we went over yesterday. After much determination, my instincts drew me to this same kitten that I'd seen pics of. She came right over to me, lay in my arms & started purring. YES! We have a taker!
When we got home with the newly named "Deanna Troi" to be known as "Troi," our dog Star went wonky. She'd been missing her kitty too. Star knew that this was a different cat but didn't care & wanted to play almost immediately. We introduced Troy to Star very carefully not knowing what the reaction would be. About 5 minutes later, Troy took off as if she'd been in our home forever.
Maybe she has. It seems like she's channeling Kira. She slept in bed with us for most of last night although I'm happy to report that she slept by my feet rather than my head. She sits on my lap, lays across the laptop purring & wants my attention 100% of the time. Much like Kira used to. Who knows?

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Congrats on the new addition!!!

Michelle said...

Congratulations on sweet kitty.

Vivian M said...

Congratulations and looks like Troy has made herself right at home!

Unknown said...

So glad to see that Troy is fitting in so nicely. Maybe she gets her empathy and ability to heal from her namesake? : )

Awesome name choice!