Tuesday, December 18, 2007

When are you going to bed?

For some reason Erin asks this question night after night after night. In fact, she has been asking this since she has been old enough to know that things happen after she goes to bed.
My usual answers have been:
  • When I'm tired.
  • Later.
  • In a while.
  • I'm not.
  • In an hour.

Last night I tried a different approach. After being called into her room for what felt like the millionth time, I changed my answer: "When you go to sleep. After all, if you keep calling me, I can't go to bed." 10 minutes later Erin was snoring lightly in her bed.

David put her to bed about an hour ago. She asked me when I was going to bed right before going in. I told her that she needed to be asleep in order for me to go to bed. We haven't heard a peep from her.

Do you think I stand chance?

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Woo HOO!!!! That did the trick! Congratulations... for tonight anyway, lol. Let me know how it works tomorrow night and I'll have to keep that answer in mind. Now get some rest!

Vivian M said...

Enjoy it while it lasts! Kerri does the same thing, but it doesn't work with us.

Unknown said...

I'll have to file away this trick for the future.

dawn said...

That's all it takes???
I am writing that one down cos there are many nights when it could be handy here too.

Life with JJ, Starr and Spice said...

Mabe this will be the start of a trend!!

Sandra said...

Tammie, you are brilliant :-)
I'll have to try that tricl!