Wednesday, August 02, 2006

My Girl is 4!!



Erin turned 4 this past Sunday, & life has changed. She woke up around 4:30 am & came into bed with me for a good snuggle. I quietly whispered "Happy Birthday Punkie!" My sweet girl said "Thank you momma! I a big girl now not a baby." Ouch! Did you hear my heart rip in 2?

This has been a year of change for our family. When we received our baby in China, we had no idea that she was terrified of water. Bath time for the last 2 1/2 years has been a time of horror with her screaming as if we were torturing her. About 6 months ago, Erin's attitude started to change. Of course, David & I have to thank our friend Deborah & her sweet son Jonathan - Erin's best buddy. We have all worked to make bath time easier on her, & it's paying off. Even the lifeguards at camp mentioned the difference from last year to this year. Last year, she was very resistant to the pool. The director of the swim program evaluated Erin & told us that she was not ready for lessons which was hard to hear since we live in S FL. This year, the lifeguards, who are devoting some extra time to Erin, said that she's excited about swim time & gets in without hassles. Who know? Maybe by this time next year, she'll even lay back in the tub to rinse her hair off. Right now she still stands & covers her eyes. Progress takes time. We're getting there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ERIN!!!

Tazmmie, I am sorry you have been having such a hard time with Erin's bath time. You and David have obviously been very patient with her to make this issue better for her.

Like you mentioned on my blog, I also felt very close to you since meeting you in the Waiting Hearts Family. Next time we are in FL, we should try to get together!!!