Thursday, February 28, 2008

Happy Anniversary Waiting Hearts!

Today marks a very special anniversary. It was 6 years ago today that our dossier was logged in to China. Our paperchase was officially over, & the wait began.

There was nothing left to do other than make lifelong friends who would be there with me for what was an agonizing time. The February Waiting Hearts was filled with an amazing bunch of people. We had a cyber shower, online scrapbook supply swaps, & of course, Wednesday night chats. We went through the Virginia/DC sniper, SARS & so much more.

Susan & her family have become close family friends. While we don't live close to each other, we visit a few times a year. We both used Great Wall China Adoption, were in the same travel group, and adopted daughters from the same SWI - Yangchun in Guangdong Province.

Gretchen always joined in on the fun. We were able to meet in China while staying at The White Swan hotel. It was so neat to finally meet her & get to see her sweet Elise.

Sandra was the person who kept me going. I looked forward to Wednesday night chats because we always had to talk about The Bachelor - her ultimate favorite show at the time. She was my cheerleader even when she didn't know it.

All that was to get me to the most precious gift of all - my beautiful daughter Erin. I can't say enough about what this child means to David & me. I don't know how the CCAA does it, but the staff there seems to match each child to their Forever Family perfectly. Thank G-d for their insight.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! I had forgotten about the scrapbook swaps and The Bachelor!!! Thanks for bringing back some memories...

Lisa said...

Happy Anniversary! So, we sat together yesterday and through all the yapping we did, you never told me it was a special day for you! Hope you guys had a nice evening together. :-)

Gretchen said...

What memories! We had such a terrific group to make the wait so bearable. Happy Anniversary!

Candy said...

Happy 6 Yr. Anniversary. The wait has long been over. You have been blessed with a beautiful daughter.